All students applying to the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program must submit the following for admissions, regardless of full or provisional status:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree bearing transcript from a regionally accredited university
- Minimal overall GPA of 3.0
- If applicable, unofficial copies of graduate-level transcripts you wish to submit for transfer credit
- 1-2 page resume
- A 500 word maximum writing sample. The sample should contain a statement specifying relevant experience, ultimate career goals and reason for pursuing this degree
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably by professionals in related fields, an academic adviser, or a college level instructor
Health Informatics Specialization Applicants: Students pursuing the Informatics specialization will be required to demonstrate basic competencies in calculus and statistics prior to starting coursework in this track. Competency may be demonstrated through appropriate undergraduate or graduate coursework, or may be attained by taking relevant coursework at local universities and/or community colleges, or through low or no cost MOOCS (Udacity, etc.).
Admissions for International Students:
In addition to the admission requirements listed above, international applicants must provide the following:
- Academic Records: Certified, official bachelor’s degree bearing transcript (both original and English translations). The undergraduate transcript should indicate the degree earned.
- Proof of English Proficiency, if your native language is not English: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 550 (paper version), 230 (computer-based), or Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT) score of at least 80; or a minimum IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.0. For information on the TOEFL, visit their website at www.toefl.org. For information on the IELTS, visit their website at www.ielts.org/.